- Define technical scope and objectives through research and participation in requirements-gathering and definition of processes.
- Gather and process raw, structured, semi-structured, and unstructured data at scale, including writing scripts and developing programmatic interfaces against web APIs.
- Design, review, implement and optimize data transformation processes in the Hadoop ecosystem.
- Test and prototype new data integration tools, techniques and methodologies.
- Participate in functional test planning and testing for the assigned application integrations, functional areas and projects.
- Work with the team in an Agile environment to ensure a quality product is delivered.
- Rapid response and cross-functional work to deliver appropriate resolution of technical, procedural, and operational issues.
- MS/BS degree in Computer Science, related technical field, or equivalent work experience.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience with the following:
- Experience architecting and integrating the Hadoop platform with traditional RDBMS data warehouses.
- Experience with major Hadoop distributions such as Cloudera (preferred), HortonWorks, MapR, BigInsights, or Amazon EMR is essential.
- Experience developing within the Hadoop platform including Java, MapReduce, Hive, Spark, Python.
- Experience with scheduling technologies such as Azkaban, Oozie, or Control-M.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Excellent customer service skills
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
- Working knowledge of Linux O/S and Solaris environments
Desirable Skills & Experience
- Experience with logical, 3NF or Dimensional data models.
- Experience with Netezza, Oracle, SQL Server.
- Experience with Hadoop ecosystem technologies like Flume, Sqoop, NiFi, Spark Streaming.
- Knowledge of Java SE, Java EE, JMS, XML, XSL, Web Services and other application integration-related technologies
- Experience with NoSQL databases such as HBase, Cassandra, Redis or MongoDB.
- Experience with Pig and Pig UDF development.
- Certifications from Cloudera, HortonWorks and/or MapR.
- Familiarity with Business Analytics tools and platforms such as Tableau, Jaspersoft, Business Objects, MicroStrategy, Platfora, a plus.
- Experience in working in an Agile.
Location: Dallas, TX.